Committee members are elected by the membership at each AGM. . New committee members are always welcome and are often needed to shadow existing members in their various roles. They may apply and join at any time.
Interested in joining the committee for an interesting and rewarding opportunity to make a difference to your u3a? Click here.
Your new Committee for 2022/2023 was elected on 12th December 2022 as follows: –
- Chairperson – Ian Barber
- Treasurer – Bob Mackintosh*
- Membership Secretary – Richard Hart
- Minutes Secretary – Duncan Fraser
- Webmaster – Calvyn Price
- Groups Liaison Officer – Duncan Fraser
- Purchasing & Equipt. Officer – Justin Gowthorpe
- TUTA News Editor – Neil Leyden
- Speaker Secretary – Mike Jones
- Meetings Organiser – George Webb
- New Members’ Officer – Val Croudass
- Publicity Officer – Rosemary David
- Events Officer – Sophie Franklin* (non-Committee member).
*Appointed after AGM.
Vacant Committee posts
Groups Liaison Officer (GLO).
The key link between the Committee and Group Leaders, giving advise and support when required.
Post vacant from December 2023 AGM, but volunteer required asap to allow smooth handover of duties.
Support chairperson and other committee members, and stand in when necessary.
Vacant NON-commitee Posts
- Really Useful Group (RUG). A team of individuals that can occasionally be called upon to help set up chairs at meetings, assist recruitment events, or other tasks. Extra volunteers are always welcome.
Interested in any of the above?
For further details please contact minutes secretary using the contact form ->
or via our enquiry telephone number 01684 325013 , or download an application form here Committee nomination form.
2023 AGM information:
- AGM Booklet 2023 contains the AGM information with agenda, previous minutes and other standard motions.
- AGM Companion Booklet 2023 has a printable version of the voting papers.
- Accounts 2022-2023.